Full Time Loft Storage Solutions Installer (Joiner / Builder)
Job opened on 12/04/2018
Closing Date: To Be Announced
Multiple positions available:
- Head Loft Fitter- possible rising to Area Installations Manager
- Fitters assistant
- Sales Surveyors
We are looking for someone that can rise up quickly manage, train a motivate our team of fitters in all aspects of our loft storage solutions. We are introducing our services to the reading and surrounding areas and will soon be establishing a base of operations in the Reading area
Initial trial 3 months – contract (extendable to full time employed to successful applicant)
Product and installation training is included but you must have some knowledge of tools, building and working with wood. Experience in loft boarding, Loft Ladders or Loft Conversions would be a distinct advantage
Due to expansion we are currently recruiting a full time Loft Storage Solutions Installer to join of team to cover the Midlands area.
You will be required to work anywhere within 1.5 hours of Reading.
Working from your own garage initially while we locate and set up a permanent base in the area.
This is a very responsible job as you will be responsible for your own work schedule working alone and as part of a team. Also supervising our fitting teams.
Uniforms (Tops and T shirts provided), full training where needed, LoftZone installer certification, all stationary and general PPE will be given (boots or work pants not provided), you will require your own tools.
A company van will be provided if required
Our business is to create loft storage solutions in our customer’s loft spaces. This may entail installing a new hatch, enlarging the existing hatch space, installing a ladder, sub-frame, light and our award winning raised loft boarding, top-up insulation and clearing out lofts. We also build rooms in a loft, roof windows and more.
Instaloft LTD is an award winning company with an award winning loft boarding system and the leading installer in the UK of Loftzone Storefloor. We are a family run business. We have worked hard to get where we are and in a relatively short time too. Hard work and dedication from all our team has really set us apart from our competitors. We believe in ongoing training to keep us focused on providing the ultimate in loft boarding storage solutions for our customers.
What does the role involve?
Working from an electronic job sheet, picking materials from stores for the job/jobs.
To load loft boarding materials into company owned vehicle and to drive to customer properties to carry out loft boarding installations, loft storage work including installing loft insulation, clearing lofts, roof dust lining and many other loft storage solutions, as per the customer requirements.
- A strong ability to problem solve while on the job.
- To complete loft boarding surveys/quotes on site as per company training (when required)
- To complete all paperwork as required and pass on to the relevant department.
- To adhere to any instructions given, either verbally or on electronic work sheet.
- You could be working on your own, or as part of a team.
- You will be required to liaise with the office on a daily basis
- Making sure your van and the teams vans have relevant stock.
- To look after your van, i.e. general maintenance.
- To treat all clients of Instaloft Ltd with courtesy, and their property with due care. We believe in treating our customers like family and their homes like they are our own.
And any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post, which may be allocated from time to time.
What essential skills are required?
- Good grades in English and Math’s are essential (C – PASS) minimum
- Previous experience of dealing with the general public
- You must be punctual.
- You must be flexible; you may need to be diverted to a call-back at short notice.
- Ability to communicate articulately with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Loft Boarding/ roof window Installing work is a physical job and you will need to be fit. There is a lot of lifting, crouching, stretching etc.
- You will definitely need a head for heights as well as being able to work in confined spaces as these are fundamental requirements of the job
- A Full and current UK driving license is essential (3 points min)
- Flexibility in working hours will be required
- Joinery/carpentry skills/qualification some small electrical (lighting). Patch plastering would also be an advantage.
Additional requirements of a Loft Installer:
- Good Customer Service Skills
- A professional attitude towards your work
- The ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
Hours of work: 40 hours between the hours of 07.00 and 16.30 hours, Monday to Friday. Overtime is often available and optional, and rates of overtime pay are excellent. Saturdays are Time and a half. From time to time you may be asked to work away from home for a few days although this has not yet happened within the business.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
- Carpentry And Joinery, Loft Boarding and or Building work: 2 years (Required)
License or certification:
- Full Clean License (Required)